A summer top ten: this is hard ,like asking what your favorite color is- chartreuse? Red, no blue.
Off the top of my head:
1. Susan Rothenberg– lovely paint- I’ll defend her to the death.
2. Philip Guston– lighting votives to him right now.
3.William Kentridge – beautiful, beautiful drawing.
4. Diebenkorn– in my blood & my brain. the reason I started writing about art.
5. Alice Neel– I wish I was her.
6. Neo Rauch – kick ass
7. Goya – his chapel in Madrid was my religious experience, enough said.
8. Egon Schiele– chills
9 .Ed and Nancy Kienholz – persistent honesty
10.Gustave Klimt – his landscapes kill me.
[mondo art- this is a funny page I just stumbled upon–makes me feel nostalgic for things I don’t even know about. ]